- 2004 Small Kindnesses, Weather Permitting,Hiawatha Light Rail Line, Minneapolis.
- 2002 Abjectify,
SOO Visual Arts Center, Minneapolis. Reviews.
- 2001, 1999,
1998, 1997,1994 MCAD Gallery, Faculty Exhibitions, Minneapolis.
- 2000 deFactory films, Walker Art Center, No
Name Exhibitions at The Soap Factory, Minneapolis
------ Multiplex 2000, No Name Exhibitions
at The Soap Factory, Minneapolis.
in the Door show, Minneapolis Institute
of Art, Minneapolis.
- 1996 Artist Forum, Minnesota Museum of Art, St Paul.
- 1993 Red Eye Collaborative, Minneapolis.
- 1992 MNTV, KTCA Channel 2,
- 1990 Walker Art Center, Minneapolis.
- 1989 American Museum of the
Moving Image, New York City.
-------Jerome Hill Theater, St. Paul.
-------Experimental Film Congress, Toronto.
-------Riverplace Film Festival, Minneapolis.
-------USA Film Festival, Dallas.
- 1988 London Filmmakers' Coop.
- 1988 Belltable Arts Centre, Limerick,
- 1982 National tour of two films, Minnesota Touring Film Program.
- 1981 Collective for Living Cinema, New York City.
Administration & Leadership
- Administrative Director, Friends Western School, a Quaker elementary school in Pasadena, CA. Responsible for operations, fundraising, marketing and planning, 2006-2008.
- Co-owner: Impact International Media,
a service providing unique programming for in-flight entertainment.
- Director of the Graduate Program, Minneapolis
College of Art and Design, (MCAD), 1999. Negotiated and managed budgets,
recruited mentors and students, coordinated admissions reviews, developed
curriculum, supervised MFA exhibition.
- Chair, Media Arts Division MCAD, fall semester, 1989 and 1997-98. Negotiated
and managed budgets, scheduled classes, supervised review processes, defined
search criteria and interviewed potential teaching staff.
- Convener, Faculty Senate, MCAD, 1994 to 1997. Led faculty of sixty people.
Liaison between faculty and administration, worked closely with senior administrators,
participated in planning retreats and cabinet meetings, proposed and reviewed
innovations in academic evaluation, assessment, pedagogy and technology,
including online education and co-operative learning.
- Mediator, Facilitator, Researcher, Western
Justice Center Foundation, Pasadena, 2005-2006, Minneapolis
Mediation Program, 1994 to 2004. Conflict management and alternative
dispute resolution in community, schools and courts.
- Freelance Producer & Consultant, Careful
Research, video/DVD production, 1987-present. Clients include:
in Los Angeles:The Malibu Foundation; In Palo Alto, CA, Stanford University Music Department,
in St Paul, MN: Double O Productions,
and The Mary Hanson Show, TPT; in Minneapolis:
Minnesota International Health Volunteers,
Hennepin County Medical Center,
Laughlin & Associates, Sylvan Learning Corporation/Walden University;
in New York: Stepsister Productions.
- Instructor, California Institute of the Arts, "History of Video Art," Spring 2011
- Online customer service, Brave New Films, Culver City, CA, 2008
- Visiting Lecturer, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, Experimental Film Program in association with California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA 'Art+Film Intersection: Installations,' 2007.
- Administrative Director, Friends Western School, Pasadena, CA. 2006-2008
- Instructor, Independent Feature Project
North, 16mm filmmaking, Fall, 2003.
- Adjunct Faculty, St
Cloud State University, Department
of Theatre, Film Studies and Dance, 2002-2003.
- Professor, Minneapolis College of Art and Design,
1978 to 2002.
-----------Interim Director, Graduate Program, 1999.
-----------Interim Chair, Media Arts Division, Fall semester, 1989, and
- MFA, Visual Arts, University of California,
San Diego, 1977.
- BA, cum laude, Fine Arts, Radcliffe
College, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1966.
- Mediator Training, 1994; Divorce Mediation Training, 2003; Minneapolis
Mediation Program, Hamline University.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, Dreamweaver, Fireworks,
Flash, Blackboard, WebCT, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects, Avid Express.
Grants and Awards
- Two Bush Foundation WANDA Grants for writing across the curriculum, 1993.
- Travel and Study Grant, Jerome, Dayton-Hudson, General Mills Foundations,
- Film In The Cities Project Grant, funded by the Jerome
- Film print purchased by Walker
Art Center, Minneapolis, 1990.
- First Prize, Experimental Short, USA Film
Festival, Dallas, 1989.
- Honorable Mention, Bucks County Film Festival, 1989.
- Included in Parabola Arts Foundation brochure, "Current Avant Garde Films
- Minnesota State Arts Board
Fellowship Grant, 1987.
- Film In The Cities Project Grant, funded by the Jerome Foundation, 1981.
- Faculty Enrichment Grants, MCAD, 1989, 1981, 1979.
Juries, Workshops, Panels, Publications
- New Media Jury, Illinois Arts Council, 2006
- Interdisciplinary/Performance Art Panel, Ohio Art Council December, 2004
- Visiting Critic, “Hous-[E, Es, Ing] Architecture Studio,” University of
Minnesota College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (CALA), Walker
Art Center, 2000
- Juror, Minneapolis
- St Paul International Film Festival, March 1999.
- Respondent: University Film and Video Association
National Conference, 1988, 1998.
- Presentor, Intermedia Arts, workshop
for Educators, Summer Institute, 1995.1989.
- Instructor, workshop: Non-Linear Video Editing on the Mac, MCAD 1995.
- Juror, Minnesota Film and Video Showcase, Walker Art Center, 1992.
- Selection Committee, Parabola Art Foundation, NY, 1989, 199O.
- Panelist, NAMAC conference, Rochester,
- Juror, Michigan Arts Council, Detroit, 1984.
- Articles published in “Lightstruck,” Experimental Film Coalition, Chicago,
Service in the Arts Community
Top of Page
- Member: Southern California Mediation Association Arts Working Group, 2005.
- Board Member, SOO Visual Art Center, Minneapolis, 2004.
- Community Neighborhood Advisory Committee, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis,
- Planning Committee, NAMAC national conference, Minneapolis, 2000.
- Intermedia Arts Video Archive Project, Minneapolis, 1993-97.
- Co-curated “Lifestories,” photography and video exhibition, MCAD gallery,
1986. Programmed ”Films by Women,” series shown as part of the exhibition.